THE wait is finally over sports fans! After what felt like an abnormally long off-season, the 2017 NRL season has arrived with all the big hits, stunning tries and magical moments you could wish for kicking off this week.
With another massive season ahead, and 36 NRL games featuring our five home teams locked in at Stadium Australia, it’s safe to say there’ll be no shortage of action in 2017.
The South Sydney Rabbitohs, Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, Parramatta Eels, Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra Dragons are all set to feature in some monster games at Stadium Australia this season with their seasons to be defined on the hallowed turf.
With that in mind, here are the five early season games all footy fans should see at Stadium Australia.
- South Sydney Rabbitohs v Wests Tigers, Friday 3 March: It’s the first NRL game at Stadium Australia in 2017 and boy is it a cracker. Robbie Farah makes his NRL debut for the Rabbitohs in an emotional game against his former club, the Wests Tigers. Farah, who spent his whole career with the Tigers up till last season, will suit up against them for the first time in what’s sure to be an explosive encounter.
- Parramatta Eels v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks, Saturday 25 March: The Parramatta Eels start their residency at Stadium Australia against the reigning premiers, the Sharks. The Eels will call Stadium Australia home while their new stadium is built in Parramatta and their first game will be no easy win when the Sharks last visit here saw them hoist the Provan-Summons Trophy in 2016.
- Wests Tigers v St George Illawarra Dragons, Sunday 2 April: The first Sunday afternoon game at Stadium Australia in 2017 sees a tantalising clash between the Wests Tigers and the Dragons. There’s nothing quite like spending Sunday arvo at the footy with the whole family and there’ll be plenty of entertainment on the field when the Tigers and Dragons go at it.
- Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v South Sydney Rabbitohs, Friday 14 April: One of the biggest regular-season clashes on the NRL calendar is back with the annual Good Friday clash between the Bulldogs and Rabbitohs set to light up Stadium Australia once again. Nearly 40,000 fans poured through the gates for this game in 2016 and with the Royal Easter Show in full swing next door there’s an unrivalled level of atmosphere and celebration at the game.
- Parramatta Eels v Wests Tigers, Monday 17 April: Two of the NRL’s most exciting teams go head-to-head in their traditional Easter Monday shootout at Stadium Australia. With a crowd of almost 40,000 part of the action in 2016 this is a can’t-miss duel for the whole family.
The games will only get bigger from there with a monster run of fixtures at Stadium Australia all the way up until the Finals Series and the big one, the 2017 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final on Sunday 1 October.
So strap yourselves in and get ready for another huge NRL season in 2017!
You can guarantee your seat at every 2017 regular season NRL game at Stadium Australia plus State of Origin II and the NRL Grand Final by becoming an Stadium Australia Member! Head here to enquire about becoming a Member.
Or impress and indulge your clients with Stadium Australia’s Official Hospitality packages. Choose between a Private Suite, Zone box or a table of 10 in our Trophy Room to entertain your best clients. Enquiries here.