A Grand Final for the ages awaits Accor Stadium on Sunday 1 October as the two best teams in season 2023 lock horns as they both try to achieve an historic feat.
The Penrith Panthers are in their fourth successive NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final as they strive to become the first team since Parramatta Eels in 1981-82-83 to win three straight titles.
The Panthers won’t have it all their own way, with thousands of Brisbane fans heading south to see their Broncos in a decider for the first time since 2015 and looking to end a 17-year title drought.
The Newcastle Knights are looking to defend their NRLW Telstra Premiership crown but will have to defeat first time Grand Finalists the Gold Coast Titans, who will be looking to spoil the party and celebrate the Gold Coast’s first-ever Telstra Premiership, men’s or women’s.
Before the two massive Grand Finals, the day will kick off with the State Championship game between NSW Cup winners, South Sydney Rabbitohs and Queensland Cup champions, Brisbane Tigers.
Grand Final Day Schedule:
- 1.00pm Gates Open
- 1.20pm State Championship
- 3.55pm NRLW Telstra Premiership Grand Final kick-off
- 6.30pm Pre-Match Entertainment
- 7.30pm NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final kick-off
Your Game Plan:
- Arrive early! To avoid queues at gates and ensure you don’t miss any of the action, plan to arrive well before kick-off. You can also enjoy pre-game entertainment and soak in the pre-match atmosphere inside and outside the Stadium.
- The National Rugby League (NRL) has announced that the 2023 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final at Accor Stadium on Sunday (October 1) has SOLD OUT.
- Return travel is included in match tickets. Find out more in our transport section below!
- Elevate your experience! Want to see the big game in style? Move fast to lock in your Premium Experience for this historic occasion via Accor Stadium Official Hospitality
Food and Beverage:
Make the most of your Sunday by arriving early and enjoying the wide range of restaurants and bars in the Sydney Olympic Park Precinct or taking advantage of the stadium’s extensive food and beverage outlets. There is something available for every palate, including those with dietary requirements. To explore our full range, click here.
- The Bureau is forecasting a hot and dry NRL Grand Final Day, with a maximum temperature of 36C at Sydney Olympic Park on Sunday.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to bring a hat and be mindful that wear sunscreen should be applied regularly during daylight hours & to drink plenty of water through the day.
- For the latest forecast, please click here.
Transport to and parking near Accor Stadium:
- Public transport is the best way to get to the footy, and FREE public transport is included in your ticket! Plan your trip to Accor Stadium using the Transport for NSW tool here.
- If you must drive, make sure to pre-book parking through the Sydney OIympic Park website before match day. Day of parking is not likely to be available.
- Parking is selling fast, with some car parks in Sydney Olympic Park already SOLD OUT!
Getting to the Grand Final
- From Central, express train services will run approximately every 10 minutes from 1pm.
- From Penrith, limited-stop train services will run every 15 minutes from 12noon.
- Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses will run on all 9 routes from the Hills District, Inner West, North Western Suburbs, Northern Beaches, Southerland Shire and Southern Suburbs.
Getting home from the Grand Final
- To Central: express services will leave Olympic Park every 6 minutes from 9:30pm until 12:30am.
- To Blacktown: limited-stop services will leave Olympic Park every 6 minutes from 9:30pm until 1am, stopping at Lidcombe, Granville, Parramatta, Westmead, Seven Hills then Blacktown.
- To Penrith: limited-stop services will leave Olympic Park every 15 minutes.
- Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses will run on all 9 routes to the Hills District, Inner West, North Western Suburbs, Northern Beaches, Southerland Shire and Southern Suburbs.
Please note: if you are planning to use a taxi or ride share service after the game, there will be a number of road closures in place for up to half an hour after full time.
- All bags will be subject to security screening process.
- To help avoid delays, it’s best to leave your bag at home.
- On all event days bag sizes are limited to 30x40cm (approximately A3 size).
- Umbrellas are permitted but for the comfort of other patrons, they should not be opened in the seating bowl.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages may be brought into the stadium. No glass or cans are permitted.
- For more information on conditions of entry, please click here.
This is it. 80 minutes for eternity. Be here to cheer on the six teams looking to entrench their names in the history books!