A SELLOUT crowd of more than 80,000 fans will be part of an historic Grand Final on Sunday 5 October at Stadium Australia, with festivities planned throughout the day at Sydney Olympic Park.
The Sydney Olympic Park precinct is the place to be for all rugby league fans in the build-up to the most anticipated premiership decider in years between rival Sydney clubs the South Sydney Rabbitohs and Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early, bring the energy and soak in all the pre-game atmosphere, with festivities kicking off from 11am and featuring:
– Family-friendly live entertainment and music;
– A monster marquee and 50m bar provided by Accor Brewery;
– Restaurants, cafes and bars open extended hours pre and post game;
– Pop-up cafes serving internationally-themed street food;
– Rides and many other family-friendly activities in the precinct;
– Highlights of past Grand Finals shown on the big screens.
The party will continue inside Stadium Australia with designated supporter bars. The Rabbitohs Bar will be located at the southern end of the Stadium directly behind The Burrow in Bay 144. The Bulldogs Bar will be at the northern end directly behind The Kennel in Bay 117.
With special Bulldogs and Rabbitohs express trains, fans can travel as one to Stadium Australia.
There will be four Bulldogs Express Trains – The Bupa Bandwagon, Reynolds Rattler, T-Rex Rocket & Des Direct – that will depart Sydenham at 4:09pm, 4:39pm, 5:09pm and 5:39pm with all stops to Bankstown, then direct to Sydney Olympic Park.
The Rabbitohs will have four express trains – The Rabbitohs Express, Sutto Express, Burgess Express and GI Express – that will depart Central at 4:09pm, 4:27pm, 5:08pm and 5:27pm.
Extra trains and buses will also be running to Sydney Olympic Park.
Tickets include return travel to Sydney Olympic Park on train services, Major Event Buses, regular bus services, Sydney Ferries and light rail services.
Click here for more information.
Those choosing to drive are strongly advised to pre-book parking
If you do decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
This will be the 15th NRL Grand Final staged at Stadium Australia since the venue was purpose-built for the 2000 Sydney Olympics. The Rabbitohs and the Bulldogs – two of Sydney’s best supported clubs – both call Stadium Australia home and their rivalry has ensured some of the biggest NRL crowds in recent years.
However, only one team will be celebrating come Sunday night. Who will you be supporting?