- The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo in Sydney will set a new record as the largest Tattoo in its 69-year history;
- The Tattoo will play four shows at Stadium Australia from 17-19 October;
- Set against a full-size replica of Edinburgh Castle, the iconic Scottish spectacular is unrivalled in its pageantry;
- Secure your tickets to the must-see production now.
ANNOUNCED today at the Highland Whisky Bar in Circular Quay – a cast of 1521 performers will be marching into Stadium Australia next month for the largest Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo in its 69-year history.
Unrivalled in its pageantry, this historic Tattoo will play four shows at Stadium Australia from 17 – 19 October.
Over 14 nations from around the world will be represented, boasting traditional uniforms and colourful costumes, including the UK, Switzerland, France, India, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands, New Zealand and Australia as well as for the first time ever, acts from Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, Samoa and Vanuatu.
Set against a full-size replica of Edinburgh Castle, the iconic Scottish spectacular will feature 33 musical, cultural and military groups, including:
- 15 files of proud and traditional-tartan-wearing Pipers and Drummers
- 11 highly-spirited Military Bands
- 40 amazingly deft Precision Marchers
- 40 Fiddlers, guaranteed to break your heart
- 7 Pacific Nations poised to share their culture through performance
- 40 awe-inspiring Maori Kapa Haka performers
- 100 Highland Tattoo Dancers
- 40 of the Australian Defence Forces’ finest and funkiest musicians making up the House Band
- 40 singers representing Gondwana Choirs
- Australia’s Federation Guard featuring 100 celebrated serving personnel
- Australian Indigenous Song Men and dancers
Brigadier David Allfrey, Producer and CEO of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo said: “I am delighted with the extraordinary focus, imagination and hard work that has been put in by so many people to bring the Tattoo to Sydney.
“Whilst we have brought the best of our own pipers, drummers, military musicians, traditional artists and dancers to join up with your own formidable talent, I hope you will be further enthralled by the colour, sounds and traditions that we have gathered from around the world.”
Minister for Jobs, Investment, Tourism and Western Sydney The Hon. Stuart Ayres MP said it’s a spectacle not to be missed.
“The staging of the largest Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo ever in our great Harbour City reinforces Sydney’s reputation as a truly global city.
“This is an incredibly unique opportunity to witness an event of this scale and prestige.”
The Sydney 2019 season will feature all the hallmark elements of this world-famous military and cultural event, including world-class pipes and drums, military marching, catchy traditional and contemporary tunes and breath-taking special effects.
Or why not experience this must-see spectacular in style with Stadium Australia Hospitality? Plan your experience now.