THE Super Rugby Final on Saturday night looms as one of the biggest sporting events in Sydney this year, with a monster Waratahs-themed pre-game celebration planned for Sydney Olympic Park.
Starting at 4pm, the pre-game party outside Stadium Australia will include an outdoor bar, live entertainment, family friendly zones and an Eat Street with pop-up cafes.
The NSW Waratahs’ surge to the Super Rugby Final has captured the imagination of the State’s sporting public, while a large contingent of rugby-mad New Zealanders have already booked for the Final, which kicks off at 7.30pm Saturday.
Footy fans are encouraged to arrive early and make the most of this special day.
Some of the highlights include:
- Roving entertainment and street theatre;
- An Eat Street with pop-up cafes serving internationally themed street food;
- An outdoor extension to The Brewery Bar;
- Restaurants, cafes and bars open extended hours pre and post-game;
- Cathy Freeman Park and surrounding buildings – including Stadium Australia – bathed in blue light and decked out in flags and banners;
- Skills and drills clinics for the kids in Cathy Freeman Park;
- Family friendly zone in Cathy Freeman Park.
With a record crowd expected, NSW fans are strongly advised to take advantage of the free public transport on Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses included in the ticket price.
Supporters are also encouraged to plan their journey in advance and arrive early. Visit the Transport NSW event webpage, the Stadium Australia event page or call 131500 for full transport and traffic details.
Fans needing to drive are advised to leave early, look out for the variable message signing across the region, follow @NSWWaratahs on twitter for regular travel updates, and listen out for traffic messages on multiple radio networks throughout the day.
The car parks in Sydney Olympic Park are expected to fill early so pre-book your parking, arrive early and make the most of the entertainment and activities on offer pre-match.
If you do decide to drive, the below routes are advised and can help minimise traffic issues:
- From the NORTH: Through Top Ryde, take Victoria Rd and then Silverwater Rd and Holker Street to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the SOUTH: Turn onto Parramatta Road then Hill Road to Sydney Olympic Park;
- From the EAST: Take Parramatta Road then Birnie Avenue or Hill Road. If you are driving along Victoria Road, consider taking Silverwater Road then Holker Street.
- From the WEST: Turn onto Silverwater Road then Holker Street or turn onto Hill Road, and then to Sydney Olympic Park.
There are still plenty of great seats available for this major sporting event. Show the Tahs that you #Believe2014 and be at Stadium Australia this Saturday night to cheer them on as they chase their first ever Super Rugby title.
Ticket enquiries and match-day information here.