- Massive sporting weekend in Western Sydney with about 70,000 fans expected to flock to NRL & AFL Semi-Finals, plus sold-out Westfield Matildas match;
- Fans travelling to the NRL and AFL footy finals at Olympic Park are urged to arrive early and take advantage of the fact return public transport is included in all tickets.
IT’S a massive Saturday of sport in Western Sydney with tens of thousands of fans ready to turn out for blockbusters in three footy codes – including NRL and AFL semi-finals at Sydney Olympic Park.
On a dream weekend for footy lovers:
- PARRAMATTA Eels will host the North Queensland Cowboys in an NRL Semi-Final at Stadium Australia on Saturday (kick-off 7.40pm) as they hunt for their first NRL Premiership since 1986. Tickets on sale here;
- GWS Giants will continue their chase for a maiden title when they host the West Coast Eagles in an AFL Semi-Final at Spotless Stadium on Saturday (first bounce 7.25pm);
- WESTFIELD Matildas will play their first competitive fixture since winning the Tournament of Nations last month when they face Brazil at Pepper Stadium, Penrith, on Saturday afternoon (kick-off 3pm).
With the Bureau forecasting a beautiful spring day in Western Sydney, sports fans are being urged to get moving early and to make the most of a special September footy weekend.
There’ll be plenty to do in Sydney Olympic Park on the day with international themed food stalls, entertainment and bars & cafes all open in the afternoon.
Travellers heading to Stadium Australia for the NRL Semi-Final are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the fact the cost of return travel on Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses to Olympic Park is included in all tickets.
Fans who elect to drive to the big sporting events this Saturday will have the opportunity to experience the completed Widened M4 project between Olympic Park and Parramatta, and significant improvements to traffic flow in Greater Western Sydney.
If you are driving to the footy finals in Sydney Olympic Park it’s important you pre-book your parking:
All-or-nothing semi-finals in NRL and AFL. International football featuring the all-conquering Matildas. September sunshine . . . there’s something for everyone in Greater Western Sydney this Saturday.
Want to enjoy Eels v Cowboys in style? There are still some options available for the game! Choose between a Private Suite, Zone Box or Centreline Seats to entertain your important clients. Enquiries here.