England v Colombia. Lionesses v Powerpuff Girls. This Saturday. Stadium Australia. Quarter Finals. This is going to be EPIC.
The England Lionesess will go head-to-head with the Colombian Powerpuff Girls for a chance to go through to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ Semi Finals and a shot at advancing to the world’s grandest stage.
On Saturday 12 August, Stadium Australia will host one of four Quarter Final ties in the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™. The venue will host Group D winners and reigning Euro Champions, England and Group H winners, Colombia.
England are coming into the tie with Colombia off a nervy win in their Round of 16 contest after Nigeria took them all the way to Penalties, a game in which the Lionesses found themselves playing with 10 players for the final 40 minutes.
For Colombia it was more of a stress-free route to advance to this stage in the competition, having defeating Jamaica 1-0 in 90 minutes in their Round of 16 matchup.
All available tickets for the England v Colombia match (Match 60) have been sold with a capacity crowd of more than 70,000 on the way.
For supporters who are attending the Quarter Final between England and Colombia on Saturday at Stadium Australia at 8.30pm, screens will be provided outside the stadium for match-goers to watch the Matildas game prior to entering. The screens will be located in Cathy Freeman Park.
With a huge crowd on the way, fans are strongly encouraged to leave additional travel time and to arrive early in the precinct. Gates open at 6:30pm. All match tickets include travel to and from Olympic Park on public transport.
Top tips for England v Colombia:
- Plan your travel to Sydney Olympic Park – take advantage of the fact ALL TICKETS include travel to and from Stadium Australia (Olympic Park) on all forms of public transport, including Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses.
- Arrive Early and allow additional time for the Stadium Entry Process – this will enable you to enjoy the big game atmosphere and make the most of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ event day experience;
- Remember that Stadium Australia is a Cashless Venue.
- Plan your match day using FIFA’s Digital Fan Guide, including how to get to the match, what you can (and can’t) bring into the stadium and everything else to help your matchday go #BeyondGreatness™
Top tips for ticket holders:
- Download the Ticketing App! You can download the free FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™ mobile ticketing app from the Apple Store or Google Play Store in order to access your ticket(s).
- Find your tickets under the “MY TICKETS” section in the app.
- Share your ticket with your guests as soon as possible to avoid delays at gates.
Top tips for traffic and transport:
- Public transport is included in your match tickets. This includes; Sydney Trains, Public Buses, Rail Services, Ferries and Major Event Buses
- If you have not pre-booked parking at Sydney Olympic Park, DO NOT DRIVE into the precinct. Parking is SOLD-OUT.
- Plan your trip in advance to avoid delays and plan to arrive to the Stadium early, allowing additional time for the Stadium entry process.
Top tips for entry:
- Gates Open for England v Colombia at 6:30pm – we advise getting here as early as possible to avoid queues with a capacity crowd expected.
- If you need any assistance while at the Stadium, please see any of our friendly staff or volunteers.
- Please review the prohibited items list and Stadium Code of Conduct before heading to the match.
Top tips for food and beverage:
- Only small quantities of non-commercially produced/packaged food items for personal consumption can be brought into the stadium.
- Any kind of liquid or beverages procured outside of the stadium are not permitted.
- Stadium Australia is a cashless venue
- As the Official Payment Services Partner of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™, Visa payment products including debit, credit and mobile payments are preferred at all stadiums to pay for merchandise, food & beverage, and tickets. Cardholders will enjoy exclusive benefits when paying with Visa during the tournament.
- For fans arriving without a Visa payment product or those that would like commemorative tournament memorabilia, the ability to purchase a FIFA-themed Visa prepaid product will be made available.
Where can you watch the game?
- In person here at Stadium Australia if you were lucky enough to secure a ticket!
- The FIFA Women’s World Cup™ Quarter Finals tie between England and Colombia is live on Optus Sport
- With a host of other football fans at the FIFA Fan Festival™ at Tumbalong Park: 11 Harbour St, Sydney -> Google Maps
Enjoy the big game!
All the Event Day Information is available at: