- Multiple ARIA-Award winners Gang of Youths will headline the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Entertainment at Stadium Australia;
- The local Sydney boys will perform hits like “Let Me Down Easy” as part of massive pre-game show;
- Entertainment will join a huge day of rugby league with three Grand Finals to light up Stadium Australia;
- Tickets to the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final are available here.
RISING rock legends Gang of Youths will headline the 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final pre-game show at Stadium Australia on Sunday 30 September.
The band, considered the next great Australian alternative rock outfit, will perform as part of the pre-game entertainment before embarking on a tour of the US as well as a completely sold out tour of Australia later this year.
Gang of Youths, who featured three times in the top 10 of the Triple J Hottest 100, will perform a number of their biggest tracks in a power-packed show prior to the Grand Final.
“After the success of last year’s entertainment, we wanted to go back a slightly different genre – just a great Aussie rock show from one of the best young bands in the business,” NRL Chief Commercial Officer Andrew Abdo said.
“Gang of Youths are relevant, they’re home grown, they’re contemporary, and they are renowned for producing one of the best live shows going around.
“The fact that they are Rugby League fans is also a bonus.”
The band’s album, Go Farther In Lightness, debuted at No.1 on the ARIA Albums Chart in 2017 and was nominated for eight awards at the 2017 ARIA Music Awards, winning four; Album Of The Year, Best Group, Best Rock Album and Producer of the Year.
Frontman Dave Le’aupepe said: “We’re Sydney boys and footy has always been a significant part of our lives.
“I’m a Souths fan and Samoan. I can’t guarantee that the Rabbitohs will be there, but this will be a very proud moment for me and my family.”
The mouth-watering entertainment will join a huge day of rugby league at Stadium Australia with three Grand Finals on the schedule.
Grand Final day shapes up like this:
- 1:15PM: Gates Open
- 1:35PM: NRL Holden Women’s Premiership Grand Final
- 3:40PM: NRL Intrust Super State Championship Grand Final
- 6:30PM: Pre-Grand Final Entertainment commences
- 7:20PM: Kick Off: 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final
You can see the NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final with an Stadium Australia Membership. Enquire here to learn more.
Or, why not experience the NRL Finals in ultimate style with Stadium Australia’s corporate hospitality options. Be quick, there’s limited availability of Private Suites, Centreline Seats, Zone Boxes and exclusive dining options. Head here or call: 1300 13 40 10.