- STATE OF ORIGIN
- SPURS V SYDNEY FC
- TAHS SUPER RUGBY FINAL REMATCH
- NRL ACTION
IT’S a sporting week for the ages with four blockbuster events across three football codes during #MagicMay at Stadium Australia.
More than 200,000 fans are expected through the gates at Stadium Australia during the course of the week and, with Vivid Sydney running simultaneously, it’s shaping up to be a huge month of entertainment in the city.
In a sporting week to remember at Stadium Australia:
- Friday 22 May: Reigning premiers the South Sydney Rabbitohs will line up against the Parramatta Eels in a Friday night NRL blockbuster;
- Saturday 23 May: The NSW Waratahs tackle the NZ Crusaders in a Super Rugby Final rematch. A record Super Rugby crowd of 61,823 turned out last year to watch the Tahs edge the Crusaders in a thrilling 2014 Super Rugby Final;
- Wednesday 27 May: Laurie Daley’s reigning champion NSW Blues will look to spark their title defence against a desperate Queensland Maroons side in State of Origin I. If the Blues are to retain the Shield, a Game I victory is imperative – and the Blues will need all of their loyal supporters in the stands;
- Saturday 30 May: Boom English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur have vowed to bring their strongest available squad to take on two-time Hyundai A-League champions Sydney FC in their first visit to Australia in 30 years for the AIA Cup.
The bumper week of sport coincides with Vivid Sydney – the annual light, music and ideas festival on Sydney Harbour – and is sure to attract thousands of interstate and international travellers to NSW. With so much entertainment in one place, there’s no better time to visit Sydney.
Keep in mind there are three other NRL games and a Swans classic against the Geelong Cats at Stadium Australia in May in the lead-up to the monster sporting week at the back end of the month.
Spurs are the only English Premier League side visiting Sydney this year and their game is a jewel in the crown of an amazing month of sport at Stadium Australia. The club has a massive following throughout Australia and with over 50,000 tickets already sold, football fans will be out in force for the match.
With all this action there is no better time to join as an Stadium Australia Member, click here for more information. With guaranteed seating, you’ll have prime views, access to exclusive areas, and VIP Dining at all events.
Or why not experience these epic sporting battles from the comfort of a Corporate Suite? Enjoy world-class facilities, five-star hospitality and brilliant views of the game from your Centreline Seats, Zone Box seats or Private Suite. More information here.