- A monster pre-game Holden State of Origin party is planned for Sydney Olympic Park on Wednesday 1 June, from 4pm
- Return travel on Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses is included in Origin tickets
- Arrive at Sydney Olympic Park early to make the most of this massive night
HOLDEN State of Origin. There’s nothing like it. And the legendary pre-game party is part of the magic.
The annual Blues-themed pre-Origin celebration will kick off from 4pm on Wednesday 1 June outside Stadium Australia.
The focus of the party will be The VB Sheds in Cathy Freeman Park, which will feature a monster marquee, live music, a 50m bar and visits by NSW VB Blues legends.
Further highlights include:
- Interactive team photo wall;
- Roving entertainment and street theatre;
- An Eat Street with pop-up cafes serving internationally themed street food;
- An outdoor extension to The Brewery Bar;
- Restaurants, cafes and bars open extended hours pre and post-game;
- Cathy Freeman Park and surrounding buildings – including Stadium Australia – bathed in blue light and decked out in flags and banners;
The Sheds are open to all ticket-holders but will double as the collection point for the electric blue wigs and T-shirts that are part and parcel of the NSW Blatchy’s Blues supporters’ match-day experience.
Sydney Olympic Park’s bars, cafes and eateries will all embrace the Blues theme on the night and will be pumping with energy. Good options include The Novotel Brewery and The Lounge.
Stadium Australia gates open at 5.45pm with NSW v Queensland U16’s preliminary game kicking off at 6pm.
With bumper crowds expected, NSW and QLD fans are strongly advised to take advantage of the free public transport on Sydney Trains and Major Event Buses included in the ticket price.
Haven’t snapped up your tickets to Holden State of Origin I on 1 June and Holden State of Origin III on 13 July yet? Get them here now. For the first time, a special two-game pass is on sale for both Sydney games for $75 (Club Ticketed Members) and $85 (General Public).
Your Holden State of Origin game plan is:
1) Get an early mark from work. Your State needs you at Stadium Australia, whether you’re cheering for the Blues or Queensland.
2) Take advantage of free public transport. All tickets to Origin I include the cost of travel on Sydney Trains or Major Event Buses. If you must drive, you will need to pre-book parking via the Sydney Olympic Park website.
3) Arrive at Sydney Olympic Park early to soak up the atmosphere of Origin. Stadium Australia gates open from 5.45pm.
4) Show your true colours! Wear Blues or Maroons colours and get into the spirit of this unforgettable sporting occasion.