- The NSW Blues 22-12 victory over Queensland in Game I sets up a must-see clash in Game II at Stadium Australia on Sunday 24 June;
- Historic stand-alone Sunday Origin game will be preceded by supercharged pre-game party in Sydney Olympic Park from 2:45pm;
- Aussie rockers Jet, The Rubens and Kingswood will perform in an entertainment spectacular before the game with the big show starting at 6:45pm;
- Blues fans will make the difference in Origin II – tickets are moving fast so snap yours up here.
THE NSW Blues will be playing for a Holden State of Origin series victory in front of their passionate home fans when they line up against Queensland in Game II at Stadium Australia on Sunday 24 June.
Brad Fittler’s exciting young Blues team is on the verge of giving NSW only its second Origin series win in 12 years after an edge-of-your-seats 22-12 win in Game I at the MCG.
Despite Queensland’s recent series dominance, the Blues have won 5 of the last 9 games at Stadium Australia with their home fans – led by the wig-wearing Blatchys Blues – making the difference.
An 80,000-plus crowd is on the way at Stadium Australia with tickets selling fast on the back of the Blues’ stunning Game I win.
A massive pre-game celebration will take place in the Sydney Olympic Park precinct outside Stadium Australia from 2.45pm in the countdown to a historic stand-alone Sunday State of Origin game.
The annual Blues-themed Origin party will be supercharged in 2018 with the Sunday Origin giving fans all day to soak in the atmosphere ahead of the game.
Cathy Freeman Park will once again be the focus of the party with a monster marquee, live music and a huge fan bar the showpiece.
Other highlights include:
- An Eat Street with pop-up cafes serving internationally themed street food;
- Live bands and other entertainment scattered throughout the precinct;
- An outdoor extension to The Brewery Bar;
- Cathy Freeman Park and surrounding buildings – including Stadium Australia – bathed in blue light and decked out in flags and banners.
Fans are encouraged to get planning early and organise their travel ahead of a busy day.
Adding to the excitement on the day will be Australian rockers Jet, who will headline an entertainment spectacular before kick-off with additional performances from The Rubens and Kingswood making up a can’t-miss pre-game show from 6:45pm.
Tickets to Origin II at Stadium Australia include return travel on ALL public transport, including; Sydney Trains, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event and regular bus services, ferry and light rail services.
Holden State of Origin Game II at Stadium Australia Sunday 24 June
2.45pm: Pre-game party, The New Sheds, Sydney Olympic Park
3.45pm: Stadium Australia Gates Open
4pm: NSW Residents v Queensland Residents
6.45pm: Entertainment commences
7.40pm: Holden State of Origin Game II